The William Carey School of Theology subscribes to the 1689 Baptist Confession of Faith, which thoroughly codifies the historic Christian faith and Reformation truths defined by the Scriptures, the authoritative and infallible Word of God. We believe that:
- The Bible is inspired, the only infallible and authoritative Word of God for faith and practice.
- There is one God, eternally existent in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy spirit.
- The deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the father, and His personal return in power and glory.
- The salvation of lost and sinful man, regenerated by the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- The resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved to the resurrection of life, and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- The spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ and His church.
- The four Reformation truths summarize our doctrinal position: Sola Scriptura, Sola Fide, Sola Gratia, Solus Christus